Buck Off Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
PLEASE READ FULLY
Buck Off Magazine welcomes all and any creative works, whether through poetry, prose, art, photography and everything else under the sun. The limits are your imagination! If you are unsure your work will fit, please send us an email. We respond pretty quickly. We suggest checking out our past volumes as well. Also, all work is subjected to light editing by the staff or we may request revisions on the current work if it has potential.
Reading periods: All year
Editions: Two times a year
Response time: Within 30 days
Reading fees: We do NOT charge reading fees (we are not crazy people)
Simultaneous submissions: Yes, just let us know please!
Submitting more than one submission to us at a time: We will consider the first work that shows in our queue and the remainder will be archived without any consideration. Please do not submit multiple submissions. Poems should be in one document with each poem starting on its own page.
Rights: We own the work upon publication. After this period, you are free to submit your piece elsewhere - just don't forget to add Buck Off Magazine to your bio!
Note: By submitting to Buck Off Magazine, you are confirming you read our guidelines and are submitting unpublished, original work. Any plagiarism is immediately rejected and creators will be asked to refrain from submitting to the magazine again.
Buck Off’s Nitty Gritty:
- One submission at a time please. Also, if your piece is rejected allow us a month before submitting new work unless requested.
- WE DO NOT OPEN LINKS. When submitting to Buck Off Magazine, please know that we will discard submissions that includes links to your work. The first reason is we do not publish already showcased work (see the exception below) and if you are submitting work, you need to attach up to 10 images (or up to 5 written works) in a document or as an attachment. You are submitting to us, not the other way around. Please respect this or your submission will be discarded. Harsh talk over. We also do not open links to drop boxes and we will delete submissions coming to our gmail account.
- Send ONE submission at a time. If it is art, attach all images in one submission. Do not send multiple submissions. If you plan on sending art and written work submit all images in one submission and all written work in another submission. We ask that you do not submit simltaneous long prose pieces.
- We do not accept already published work with the exception of art/photography that were published on personal online portfolios that can be taken down during a showcase. We do not accept work published on personal blogs or published with other magazines.
- We no longer accept prose or poetry with pictures. If your work is selected, you can suggest a piece of artwork to be published with it and we will consider it.
- As previously mentioned, we accept simultaneous submissions within reason. Serial submitters who fail to notify the magazine they have been accepted elsewhere and continuously submit will only be contacted if we are interested in a piece.
- Please submit all work in attachments using Microsoft Word or PDF. Taking work and pasting it in an email will be discarded. For a cover letter please state the following:
- NAME (or Author name for publication if different)
- WORK TITLE
- SHORT INTRODUCTION OF YOUR WORK
- AN AUTHOR/ARTIST BIO